Lifeline is a Federal Government program supported by the Federal Universal Service Fund that helps qualifying customers pay for voice or broadband service at a reduced cost. Qualifying applicants can save up to $12.75 on their basic telephone service. Lifeline Program customers may also qualify for free toll blocking on their telephone service to help control long-distance usage. Customers using this offering can still use pre-paid calling to place long-distance calls from their homes.
Lifeline discounts on select mobile voice and high-speed broadband services are also available to eligible customers. This benefit applies only if purchased as a stand-alone service.
To be eligible for Lifeline assistance, you must meet income-based criteria currently defined as at or below 135% of the Federal poverty Guidelines (see table below) or participate in at least one of the following programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formerly known as Food Stamps
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA) or Section 8
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Income-based eligibility
Plans and Credits
In addition, you must not currently be receiving Lifeline assistance (even with another provider), and no other person in your household can be subscribed to the Lifeline program.
Qualifying for Lifeline Internet – Data Only
Qualifying Lifeline Internet – Data Only service is available on our Internet 15mbps plan at $75 per month less the Lifeline credit. Surcharges are applicable.
Lifeline Wireless Postpaid Service
Qualifying Lifeline Wireless Postpaid Plan includes the following:
|Price (Before Lifeline Discount)||$19.95|
|Weekday / Weekend Minutes||750|
|Additional per minute||$0.35|
Local - $0.04
Domestic U.S. - $0.05
P.I. - $0.06
International - $0.15
|Long Distance / Roaming||BLOCKED|
*Activation fee applies.
|Wireless Data Standalone|
|Price (Before Lifeline Discount)||$20|
|High Speed Data Allowance||1GB|
* General wireless terms and conditions apply. Full speeds are available up to monthly data plan allotment; then slowed for rest of billing cycle. Other conditions apply. Plan subject to GTA’s Wireless Fair Usage Policy. See www.gta.net/wireless-data-management.
2018 Lifeline Income Guidelines:
To receive the Lifeline discount, you must certify that your total household income is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guideline
|2018 Lifeline Income Guidelines|
|Persons in Household||Income||Persons in Household||Income||Persons in Household||Income|
Lifeline Application Checklist
Please provide the following information:
- A signed and completed Lifeline application must be submitted to any GTA location.
- A copy of an eligibility certification if applying based on participation from any of the qualifying assistance programs listed above or supporting household income documents if applying based on income level of household.
Additional information about the Lifeline discount program can be found at www.lifelinesupport.org
* Security deposit, activation fee applies.
- Complete a lifeline application and submit it to any GTA store location.
- Copy of an eligibility certification from any of the qualifying assistance agencies, or supporting household income documents is required to establish eligibility.
- Only eligible customers may qualify
- Only one Lifeline benefit (voice or broadband) per household.
- Lifeline is a government benefit program
- Additional information about the Lifeline discount program can be found at www.lifelinesupport.org
- Complete a lifeline application and submit it to any GTA store location along with supporting documentation.
- Security deposit, installation, taxes, surcharges and other charges may apply depending on the Lifeline program customer is selecting.