Clearance Forms for Construction Projects
At GTA, we strive to deliver the highest level of service to our customers. A Clearance Request is the process of working with GTA to prevent cable damage as well as potential repair costs to you. This normally applies to Contractors or Residents building or digging where GTA may have lines in the ground. Requests should be be approved and reviewed by our GTA Clearance Team before any digging begins. Information on how to schedule a walk thru with our team is included below. If you have any questions or need additional information please contact our 24/7 Customer Support Center at 644-4GTA (4482). Thank you, we look forward to serving you!
How do I know if I need a walk thru?
Any digging requires a walk thru by a GTA Clearance Team. This is to prevent any damage to our facilities, as well as potential repair costs to you.
Submit a Clearance Request following the steps outlined below.
1. Please make sure you save this document to your computer to ensure your work is not lost. A map of the exact location should also be included. For more info on how to attach a Google Map see below.
2. Email your completed request to clearance(gta)gta.net
Be advised that a COMPLETE request includes your Clearance Request Form and your Map.
3. You will receive an email verification informing you your request was received.
This auto reply can be submitted to DPW as proof that a clearance request was submitted, this is not proof that clearance has been granted.
4. The GTA Finance Team will review the request and add a tracking number to document.
5. Once approved, you will receive a call from our Clearance Team to schedule a walk thru or ask additional questions.
6. During the walk through the GTA Clearance Team will mark your area and sign your DPW/GTA documents.
Can I expedite my request?
Yes, if you wish to expedite your request this should be noted in the request and subject line to clearance(gta)gta.net
GTA will accommodate these requests to the best of our ability.
What if I need an Emergency Clearance?
You can request an emergency clearance by writing "Urgent" in the subject line of your email or call 811. Please be advised, you may be subject to Clearance expedite charges.
What if I do not fill out the Clearance Request form completely?
GTA will be contacting the customer to receive all information not included on the form. This will cause delays in the approval and scheduling process.
What if I hit a GTA line?
A full investigation will conducted by GTA clearance team to determine the nature and causes of the incident. If your company, subcontractor or Affiliate is found to be at fault then:
- An invoice will be generated to restore service immediately. This includes but is not limited to:
- materials, supplies
- man hours to restore service
- vehicle and heavy equipment expenses
- overhead expenses
- any concrete or asphalt repairs
- A second invoice may be generated to encompass costs of the full span replacement. This includes but is not limited to
- full span replacement
- All man hours needed to trench and placing the facilities back to original condition prior to said damages. (ped to ped or ped to BLDG)
- any concrete or asphalt repairs
**Please note all stipulations are pursuant to Chapter 71 of Title 21 Guam Code Annotated**
How do I attach a Google Map?
Attaching a Google Map is fast and easy, plus it saves GTA a lot of time when coming out to your location. Here is a quick overview:
- Go to maps.google.com
- In the Search Maps field type in the closest known physical address. This should include the entire address – street, building number, village, country, and zip code.
- This will pull up the map with an approximate location or things near that pinpointed with a red bubble.
- Make sure the view is satellite view (you can click between the two in the upper right) – so you can better see the streets in the map.
- From here you should zoom in as close as you can get while still being able see connecting streets. It is usually two or three notches away from fully zoomed.
- You can save this map by doing one of two things:
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Print Screen (could be SysRq on your computer). Then open a new word document and press Ctrl +V.
- This pastes it into the Word Document. From here you might want to make the page orientation sideways so you can expand the map to full capacity.
- It is also suggested you put the link to the make as well as a map name (Example: Royal Gardens construction for XYZ Construction Corporation).
- You can print the map and scan the copy into the account.
- By clicking "print" in the upper right.
- Be advised that this can sometimes cause problems with resolution, make sure you can see all relevant parts of the map.