Why can't I access all the channels?
The channels you have access to depend on the Digital TV package(s) that you have signed up for. Push the GUIDE button on your remote to cycle through All channels, Subscribed channels, HD channels, and up to four favorites lists (if you have pre-programmed it).
If you cannot access a channel for which you have signed up, call our customer service line at 644-4GTA.
Why doesn't the set top box respond when I press the keys on my remote?
If power is on, make sure your remote is in the STB mode. Press the STB button on the remote.
If the power goes out, do I need to reset my Parental Locks and Purchase PINs, Favorites and Reminders?
No. These features will not be lost if the set top box loses its power. However the program guide information will need to reload into the receiver.
Nothing happens when the MENU button is pushed, but I can change the channel up and down.
If the set top box was just installed, it may take a few minutes for the full interactive program guide to be downloaded. If after a few minutes nothing happens, unplug the set top box, plug it back in and try again. If the Guide still does not appear, contact GTA.
The program guide has locked up. Neither the buttons on the remote, nor the buttons on the set top box itself work.
Try unplugging the set top box and then plugging it back in. This will reset the set top box and allow for data to be downloaded. It will take some time for the information to appear. If there is still a problem after the information has appeared, contact GTA.
I have no video, a snowy picture or I cannot tune to any of the digital channels.
Make sure that all of the cable connections are secure and that the TV is tuned to the correct channel (3 or 4) or input. Also, make sure you are actually controlling the set top box (press the STB button on the remote).
- Press the STB button on the remote to make sure it is in STB mode. Try using the remote again.
- If the remote is still not functioning correctly, press the channel up and down buttons on the front of the set top box. If the channel changes, there is a problem with the remote control. The batteries or the remote control itself may need to be replaced.
- Unplug the set top box and plug it back in.
How do I clear a menu screen and return to watching TV?
You can always press the EXIT button on the remote to immediately return to watching TV.
The displayed information is incorrect.
Although Guide checks all data thoroughly before it is sent to your home, programmers do sometimes change their schedules at the last minute without notification.
How do I reboot my set top box?
- Turn off your set-top box (using either the remote or the button on the front of the box). Carefully unplug the power cord from either the wall or the back of the set-top box (if it is plugged into a power strip, turn off the power strip at the switch on the top of the strip). Wait 15 seconds.
- Restore the power. Either plug your set-top box back in or turn the power strip back on, but do not turn your set-top box back on.
- . Turn on your set-top box, either by pressing the power button on the front of the box or by using the remote. If these steps do not correct the problem, please Contact GTA for technical assistance.